27.9.11

Preservation mode

Today I have only a few things on my To Do list... that is preserve.  I have zucchini and kale that needs to be "handled".  I have been trying to think of ways that I would most likely use the zucchini and kale after they are "preserved"  and I choose two ways.  First is bread.  I have a fabulous recipe for banana zucchini bread that I love and it works with spelt flour.  This recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of shredded zucchini.  My goal today is to make four loafs which would take 3 cups (or 1 zucchini) and freeze them.  I am also going to shred two zucchini's and freeze them so I can make bread in the future.
As for the kale... blanch and freeze... not much else I can do with it, but at least I know I will use it in smoothies, spaghetti sauce, and more!

Off to preserving!

No comments:

Post a Comment