28.9.11

Evening thoughts

So what I want to know is when did our thought patterns change from thinking about who we "are" to who we "aren't"... or what we have done to what we have not done???  Confused??  As I lay down at night I think about my day and unfortunately the first things that come in my mind is stuff like "I didn't switch the laundry, I responded wrongly to my husband/child, there are clothes on my floor I didn't get to, I didn't go to story time"... all of the things that I didn't do or things I did wrong.  My question is why cant I lay down at night and say stuff like "I read to my daughter today, I cooked a great dinner, I provided for my family, I spoke kind words, and I played with my kid"? 
I think that if I were to change my thought process to the things I DID to from the things I didn't do that I would DO more tomorrow because I would feel better about myself instead of feeling like I am not good enough.  Anyone else have this same problem or is it just my crazy mind???

So here is to starting a new trend. 
Today I DID ::
Read to my daughter good stories and we talked about how much the Lord has done for us.
Play in her room and let her dress up like punky brewster because it was fun.
Tickled and kissed her long enough that she laughed so hard she got the hickups.
Sat down at the table for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner with sustainable food that I know is good for our bodies.
Was a good steward with my time and money.
Relaxed.
Preserved food that will allow me to cook more yummy goodness.
Told my family I love them.

Thank you Jesus for seeing the things we DO.

1 comment:

  1. I get this..... It's true. What did I NOT do today does seem to over take my thoughts.
    Today I .....
    Did laundry so my husband has clean clothes to ware to work this week
    Cooked my daughter's favorite dinner
    Did some work on my crocheting
    Kept in contact with the house mom from Saint Child to help with a mommy in labor
    Spent time with my family watching some tv.

    Tomorrow is another day to think of all I did do, and not what I didn't do.
    Thanks Cassie!

    ReplyDelete