2.10.11

Cheap Meals

Have you ever actually figured out how much your meals are per serving?  I haven't either ... yet.  I realize that some of my ingredients are expensive and the cost of some of my meals are higher than they need to be.  This is just another step to helping my grocery budget stay down. 
I would like to start a "series" of cheap meals that we can all share, meals that cost under $5.00 for your family of 4 or less.  Of course if you get your ingredients at a discount and with coupons this helps your meal cost. 

This week I am on a tight budget (as if that ever changes!  But due to my husband loosing his job and back on the job hunt I am going to really try hard).
My meals this week include  ::

Garlic roasted chicken drumsticks with potatoes and green beans.  Drumsticks I got at .99 p/lb from whole foods, potatoes from my garden, and green beans from my garden.  It calls for garlic which I also got from my garden.  This meal is REALLY cheap for me...12 drumsticks were under $3.00 and the rest free...

Roast - I going to try a new recipe that was in the whole foods september/october flyer.  My husband loves Indian food and I never cook it, so there was a recipe for a roasted Indian roast.  I have the roast from the cow we bought last year, I have cauliflower, rice from costco, and carrots from the garden.

The next night I will left over meat from the previous two nights and make tacos.

I will then have chili which consist of canned food I have, mixed together in some yummy goodness.  I will also probably make some bread to go with it.

The last night will be meatloaf and alexia sweet potato fries - another cheap meal.

Do you have any cheap meals to add????

No comments:

Post a Comment